Empowering Families in Crisis: Together, We Will Overcome Addiction and Behavioral Health Challenges
We Will Transform Challenges into Strengths and Guide Your Family Towards Healthier Connections and Sustainable Recovery
Holistic Family Healing: Addiction and behavioral health challenges affect the entire family, not just the individual. My holistic approach means I work with you to heal the family system, helping you rebuild connections and find resilience.
Cutting-Edge Solutions: My use of modern tools assures you that I'm dedicated to innovative, effective solutions. I'm at the forefront of finding the best ways to support families in need.
Connectedness has the power to counterbalance adversity."
- Dr. Bruce Perry, active teacher, clinician and researcher in children’s mental health and the neurosciences, co-author with Oprah Winfrey of "What Happened to You?"
Challenges of Family Recovery
You are likely experiencing a lot of pain and discomfort in your family relationships due to behavioral health and addiction-related issues. You probably feel overwhelmed, frustrated, and hopeless about how to manage and heal these relationships.
The main pain point you are likely facing is the inability to effectively communicate and interact with your loved ones, which can lead to feelings of isolation, guilt, and shame.
My coaching services can help you navigate these difficult situations and provide you with the tools and support you need to rebuild healthy, positive relationships with the family.
Trauma is not what happens to you. Trauma is what happens inside you as a result of what happens to you". - Gabor Mate
Solutions for Family Recovery
As a coach for those struggling with addiction and behavioral health challenges my solution is designed to provide stigma-free, personalized support and guidance to help my clients navigate the challenges of addiction recovery and family relationships.
With a focus on healthy communication and building healthy relationships, my coaching services offer modern, practical tools and strategies to help my clients manage crisis in a safe and healthy way while also planning for a better future.
By working with me, clients get to develop the skills and confidence they need to overcome mental health and addiction-related challenges, repair and strengthen their family relationships, and ultimately create a more fulfilling and happy life for themselves and their loved ones.
One member’s addiction often becomes an opportunity for the whole family to heal. Rather than put all the pressure on the person addicted that they have to heal and get better, you emphasize the healing of the whole family.
Recovery always is more effective when the whole family can heal in conjunction with the member of the family experiencing addiction. We all get to look at ourselves. We all get to compassionately consider how our family has carried forward suffering for generations."
- Gabor Mate
Benefits of Family Recovery
Are we parenting the whole human being or are we just on Behaviour Patrol? Because I can tell you from experience that when we operate as Behaviour Patrol, we miss a whole lot about the human being.
- Rebecca Eanes, Positive Parenting
What are People Saying about My Family Addiction Recovery Coaching?
What you do matters to me because you offer a holistic approach to addiction recovery. Your focus on family dynamics and the broader context in which addiction exists recognizes that it's not just the individual who is affected, but the entire family system. This approach resonates with me because addiction can tear families apart, and I want to see a way for healing and connection to take place.
Your commitment to breaking down the stigma surrounding addiction and mental health challenges aligns with my desire for a more compassionate and understanding society. Your emphasis on creating healthier connections within families gives me hope that recovery is not just about sobriety but about rebuilding relationships.
Additionally, your use of modern therapies (psychedelics), tools and technologies like AI in addiction treatment shows your dedication to staying at the forefront of effective approaches. This reassures me that you're open to innovation and finding the best possible solutions for families in need.
In summary, what you do matters because it offers a path to healing, connection, and resilience for families impacted by addiction, and it does so with a forward-thinking and compassionate approach.
- Tom H., recovering parent
To have someone in your corner, both for the recovering person and also the rest of the family is invaluable! Tim Harrington comes to the table with life experience, knowledge, and great communication skills.
He is a great sounding board, a thought provoking resource, a guide and a mentor. He invites us to think some new thoughts and learn some new behaviors. He challenges both our son and our family to create a NEW beginning and allow time to show that it works. It was amazing to have someone who finally understood my feelings of desperation and not knowing what to do next.
Through this journey he encourages, has empathy and yet won’t leave you “stranded”. You feel empowered to be proactive and learn from someone who has already “ been there...done that”.
I appreciate the times he’s spent working with us as a team to rebuild the lost time we’ve had as a family and to see our son flourish and grow. He reminds us of how far we’ve come and the reasons to stay focused.
His resources are great! I know that having Tim as our coach has been pivotal on this journey OUT of addiction and it’s hold on our family. Thanks Tim for your dedication. We appreciate you very much!"
- Chris L., recovering parent
It took me a couple of weeks but I feel like I just started comprehending the information about healing, centering, meditation, etc.. In the beginning I just couldn't hear it. I was too focused on my son. You have given me so much in our time with your group. I was blown away by the concept of being "okay" in the midst of these battles, that we were organized around the substance abuse, that we need to work as hard on OUR recovery as our son does on his. I had been thinking that "love the heck out of the addict" was the best thing, but my old pattern of going on lockdown and "punishing" my son into recovery had emerged. I picture this as us drowning in a sea of confusion and you are there, in the midst of the storm, not with a life jacket or boat, but there showing and telling us how NOT to drown. I am SO HAPPY to just have someone validate that we can survive this well and not let it ruin my life forever, like I have seen for years in my family. As I told you, my upbringing was full of chaos, addiction, codependency type of behaviors. I had worked very hard to move on from this, but I hadn't as much as I thought. Your wisdom and guidance in the group is helping me get started on this work again which can only benefit me, my marriage, my parenting, and of course, my son. I love the concept of being a loving mirror.
So, thank you for everything. Your passion for healing of families is evident and clearly making changes in peoples' lives.
- K., recovering parent
- In my opinion this is by far the most important work being done in the realm of non medical support for those facing life's challenges which includes addictions This should be stop one - not a one way ticket to to Rehab.
- Dr. Bob Lynn, National and International Professional Clinical Advisor, Professor, Trainer and Researcher
- Affiliate, Rutgers Center of Alcohol and Substance Use Studies
- Graduate School of Applied and Professional Psychology
- Chief Clinical Advisor The Levenson Foundation
- CEO/Founder Addiction and Behavioral Health Alliance LLC
- Chief Clinical Advisor C4 Recovery Solutions
- Clinical Supervisor NCAAR-BH Juvenile Justice Assessment Project
- "I would highly recommend Tim Harrington because he is truly "in the moment" with his clients and his referents and is all about doing what works! He is able to take conceptual to actual and create a continuum of care that is truly in his client's and their families best interest. I am honored to know Tim and would highly recommend his services to anyone interested in long term recovery. His vision for our industry is progressive and spot on!!"
Denise E. Klein, CEO and Executive Director at Milestones Ranch Malibu Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center
- “Tim is a seasoned and compassionate professional who supports Jaywalker clients and their families at times of critical transitions in their recovery. Provides 1:1 support and guidance, and assistance at all levels of treatment continuum. Always available and professional, works well with Jaywalker clinical team to assure continuity of services and healthy outcomes for our clients and their families.”
Bobby Ferguson, CEO and Founder of Jaywalker Lodge
- “Timothy has a very firm, caring way to assist reluctant clients into treatment. Whether supporting clients while in treatment or when they leave, Timothy has a strong sense of what is necessary to lead clients on the road to successful recovery. I strongly recommend Timothy to anyone looking for a Recovery Coach for themselves or the addict in their life.”
Anne Brown, Psychotherapist, Life Coach, Sausilito Progressive Addiction Solutions
"I believe in going beyond my services to create a deeper connection with you. My purpose-driven approach is not just about helping you overcome challenges; it's about empowering you to transform adversity into newfound strength and unity. I understand that it's not just about what I do, but why I do it. That's why I'm committed to providing compassionate support, holistic guidance, and personalized strategies that address your unique needs. Together, we get to create a brighter future for you and your family."
- Timothy Harrington
- Timothy Harrington
The effect you have on others is the most valuable currency there is.
Join me on social media and stay up to date with the latest family addiction recovery news and educational content.